What’s special about ThreadWise products
A lot of the fast fashion garments available today use petrochemical textiles such as polyester, polyurethane, rayon, spandex, nylon, etc, which are cheaply manufactured, heavily laden with chemicals, and terrible for the planet.
Our Sustainibility Commitment
ThreadWise uses only sustainable practices from sourcing eco-friendly raw materials through to manufacturing uniforms to packaging and shipping.
No harmful chemicals
We only ever use eco-friendly dyes, certified by the likes of GOTs and Oeko-Tex, because:
- They have higher absorption rates into the clothing (greater than 70%), which means less chemical and grey water runoff into the environment.
- They don’t include azo-dyes, a family of dye groups that contain toxic compounds ranging from chlorine bleach to known carcinogens.
- They don’t contain heavy metals.
- Apart from being environment friendly, this also makes our uniforms kinder on your students’ skin.
No Single Use Plastic
- We take utmost care not to use single-use plastic anywhere in our supply chain.
- We only use biodegradable packaging for our products and when it comes to delivery, our goal is to only use recycled packaging that can be used over and over again. This helps parents return old uniforms guilt-free and reduces CO2 emissions at the same time.
100% Organic Cotton
- Organic cotton really is a game-changer. It uses up to 88% less water and 62% less energy, whilst producing 46% less CO2 than conventionally farmed cotton. Plus, it eliminates the use of GMOs and harmful pesticides. Did we also mention that it is kinder on the skin? For all those reasons, 100% of our cotton is organic – it’s a no-brainer.
Fully Transparent & Traceable Supply Chain
- We want everyone to care as much about where their clothes come from as we do, which is why we go the extra mile to track every different touchpoint of our production process.